|Surface:||Double Side Polished||Application:||Fairing|
|Advantage:||High Temperature Resistance|
Custcustomized polished Sapphire Crystal Dome/Hemisphere optical sapphire crystal dome
Synthetic Sapphire is a single crystal form of corundum, Al2O3, also known as alpha-alumina, alumina, and single crystal Al2O3. Sapphire is aluminium oxide in the purest form with no porosity or grain boundaries, making it theoretically dense. The combination of favourable chemical, electrical, mechanical, optical, surface, thermal, and durability properties make sapphire a preferred material for high performance system and component designs. For various semiconductor applications, sapphire is the best choice in comparison with other synthetic single-crystals.
Sapphire substrates / wafers: EPI-polished, optically polished, lapped or as-cut sapphire disks, windows, substrates, blanks as well as epitaxial structures “silicon-on-sapphire” (SOS) are described at the next page,
Main properties of sapphire:
|Crystal class||Hexagonal system, rhomboidal class 3m|
|Lattice constants, A||a=4.785, c=12.991|
|Melting point, °K||2303|
|Hardness||Knoop(daN/mm2): 1800 parallel to C-axis, 2200 perpendicular to C-axis, Mohs: 9|
|Optical transmission range, µm||0.17 - 5.5|
|Refractive index at 0.532 µm||n0=1.7717, ne=1.76355|
|Young Modulus, Gpa||345|
|Shear Modulus, Gpa||145|
|Bulk Modulus, Gpa||240|
|Bending Modulus (Modulus of Rupture), Mpa||420 at 20°C, 280 at 500°C|
· Sapphire is used for its durability and erosion/corrosion resistance, often in combination with the ability to withstand high heat while having a very broad transmission range. Applications include:
· Windows - FLIR (Forward Looking Infra Red) windows for sensors and other optics. Optical clarity over a broad spectral range combines with durability in this application.
· Windows - for erosion resistance in salt and blowing sand environments, sapphire is used in conventional windows and dome shapes in replacement of softer, more fragile IR transmitting materials.
· Countermeasures lamps - sapphire flash lamps are used in IRCM's (Infra red countermeasures). The high temperature performance of sapphire is combined with broad spectral range in this application.
· Sapphire is used in analytical applications where combinations of high temperature, pressure, and hydrofluoric acid species are encountered. These applications need the survivability of sapphire, while often needing other properties such as favourable UV (ultraviolet) or IR (infrared) transmission.
· NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) tubes; Sapphire is used for very high-pressure applications in replacement of glass or quartz tubes.
· Sample preparation - sapphire is used in digestion cells as sheaths and liners. When hydrofluoric acid is used, sapphire replaces quartz components
· Analytical chemistry - for mass spectroscopy, ICAP, and other systems, sapphire replaces quartware to improve durability and reduce contamination while offering good UV transmission.
· Sapphire is used in surgical systems for laser transmission and in contact with bodily fluids.
· Surgical tips - sapphire is used in contact tips for various surgical laser applications
· Endoscope lenses - sapphire is often used in endoscope lenses due to its durability in contact with tissues and in sterilisation environments such as autoclaving
· Sapphire knives - with a sapphire knife, thinner sections are possible. The near perfect cutting edge of this knife / blade gives distortion-free sections down to 10 microns thick.
· Sapphire is used for short and long wavelength applications (UV and IR) beyond the range where conventional optics performs adequately. High temperatures and hostile environments also necessitate the use of sapphire optics.
· Illumination windows - for very high brightness illumination, sapphire windows survive the very high heat while providing the broadest spectral transmission.
· Sapphire lightguides - sapphire rods; used in high temperature thermometry beyond the range of quartz optics.
· Optical components: lenses, prisms and other laser and infrared optics are fabricated from high optical quality sapphire.
Watch industry: Sapphire is widely used for watch glasses. The world demand in watch industry centres on scratchproof sapphire watch crystals. However, besides traditional flat shapes, crystals with spherical and cylindrical curves are also in great demand.
Produce according to specific requirements and drawings, and also can design products for customers
1. Any inquiries will be replied within 24 hours.
2. Professional manufactory for 5 years.
3. All products will have been strictly Quality Checked in house before packing.
4. All products will be well packed before shipping.
5. Trigon Optics provides technical assistance as the customers requirement and needs.